We’re recruiting – Grid Connections Manager
Are you passionate about achieving connections at least cost and risk?
Are you a thinker-outside-of-the-boxer wanting a role in an extraordinary team of disruptors?
Does enabling deployment of low carbon technologies keep you awake at night too?
As Grid Connections Manager at Roadnight Taylor (RT), you will support our clients and engineers from pre-application through to commercial operation of their connections. Using your skills and experience, you will be pivotal in enabling gigawatts of low carbon technology projects that other organisations couldn’t. You will work in parallel with our extraordinary engineering team to bring the very best out of the distribution and transmission network operators – who in turn will deliver on our clients’ connections imperatives.
You will make this move knowing that you can deliver the greatest impact, and leave the greatest legacy, from within the Roadnight Taylor team.
- Responsibility for oversight of all connections operations
- Coordination between RT’s engineers, its clients and the Network Operators
- Developing relationships with DNOs, DSOs, TNOs, the ESO and RT’s clients
- Identifying commercial and regulatory solutions to connections barriers
- Reporting on developments in commercial and regulatory connections policy
- Identifying where such developments can be leveraged by our clients
- Effecting change in commercial/regulatory policy to enable clients’ connections
- Represent RT and its clients in Network Operators’ connections engagement forums
- Leading responses to connections policy consultations
- A proven track record with 5+ years of experience in connections coordination, engineering or policy roles
- Emotional intelligence and genuine empathetic nature necessary to bring the best out of Network Operators’ teams; and
- Resilient and assertive enough to stand your ground for the greater good
- Highly organised with a talent for developing robust and appropriate processes
- An obsession for rigorous process adoption and adherence
- Strong intrapersonal and management skills
- A self-starter and, crucially, a tenacious finisher of jobs
- Excellent understanding of commercial and regulatory connections policy (UK)
- Passionate about a low carbon future
- Desire to grow with RT and to help it accelerate decarbonisation at least cost
- A strong team player who is keen to make a difference
About Roadnight Taylor
Roadnight Taylor are the leading experts delivering technical, commercial and regulatory grid consultancy expertise for onshore low carbon technology schemes. It delivers services to the leading developers and owners of low carbon technology schemes – and to public sector bodies making strategic network infrastructure investments – and does so with the emotional intelligence and operational robustness necessary to consistently deliver project-making and project-saving results. In the last 12 months the team has secured and advised on well over two gigawatts of successful renewables, storage and demand-led connection applications and offers.